- This webinar is now available On-Demand.
- Please complete the registration.
Date & Time
- On-Demand Webinar
Ergonomics is the scientific study of people at work; assessing the capabilities and limitations of the worker in relation to the demands of the machine, job and work environment. The primary goal of ergonomics is to reduce the physical stresses on employees, thus minimizing or eliminating injuries and disorders in the workplace. Poor worksite and machine related designs can lead to painful and costly injuries for employees and lower productivity for the employer.
What you will learn:
- Standards available for guidance
- What elements to consider in an ergonomics improvement process
- What factors to consider with regards to the worker population
- What percentile of men/women should be considered
- Why educating employees is so important
- How to reduce risk with a cost vs benefit analysis
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
Doug Sten, Ph D, CSP, CMSE®, is a Safety Consultant with Pilz Automation Safety L.P. Dr. Sten has degrees in Safety Engineering, Safety Management, Behavioral Science and is a Certified Safety Professional with a specialty in Product Safety and a CMSE® - Certified Machinery Safety Expert, by TÜV Nord. Doug has over 25 years in the plastics machinery industry employed as a consultant; and over 20 years participating on US and international safety standards committees. He has worked for Pilz since January 2014.