According to OSHA, 70% of hand and arm injuries could have been prevented by proper use of gloves. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that these injuries can be very expensive. However, these hazards can be mitigated with the use of appropriate hand protection.
Technological advances within the hand protection industry have created a multitude of glove offerings designed specifically to protect against assorted hazards. Today, several suppliers have gloves specifically designed to protect against cuts, abrasions, punctures, burns, fractures and chemical exposures. But at MCR Safety, we offer more than just gloves; we offer resources to ensure the right gloves and the correct level of protection are being used for the tasks at hand.
According to OSHA, 70% of hand and arm injuries could have been prevented by proper use of gloves. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that these injuries are expensive: the cost of the average hand injury workers’ compensation claim exceeded $6,000-$7,000.
The best way to prevent hand injuries is through the proper use of the most appropriate hand protection. MCR Safety is a unique glove supplier. We differentiate ourselves by being a glove manufacturer that partners with other suppliers and our customers to provide the best possible solutions to hand protection needs. We have over 3,000 styles of cut, abrasion, chemical and liquid protection, puncture and thermal glove offerings.
We have recently expanded our manufacturing to create a state-of-the-art facility to produce what we believe to be a superior assortment of coated seamless knit styles. We will be introducing this series later this year when we introduce our NXG series. We have a unique relationship to directly source Kevlar® fiber from DuPont® and spin into yarn for many of our cut protection offerings. We are a licensed supplier of DuPont® Kevlar®, DSM Diamond Technology®, and Alycore® cut resistant fabrics. Our manufacturing capabilities include a yarn spinning facility as well as coated, seamless knit production.
Our original manufacturing began with cut-and-sewn leather gloves and a tannery to support our leather glove and garment production. Today, we manage our leather tannery to support manufacturing of cut-and-sewn leather gloves. We manufacture the largest assortment of leather gloves and garments in the industry. Our industry continues to evolve and shift more toward wearing coated, seamless knit styles.
At MCR, we take a very integrated approach in providing products and unique services to our distributors and consumers. We differentiate ourselves as a glove supplier with services that include MCR Safety’s Innovation Technology Center (ITC), MCR Safety’s 360° Protection Program, Field Protection Specialists, the Buy & Try sampling program as well as traditional web-based resources.
- Our ITC lab is accredited to the ISO/IEC 17025:2005 standard, the single most important standard for testing laboratories around the world. Laboratories that are accredited to this international standard have demonstrated they are technically competent and able to produce precise and accurate test data. Our accredited scope includes ANSI/ISEA 105-2016 coated/uncoated abrasion testing, puncture testing and cut testing. MCR Safety is unique as one of only a handful of testing laboratories in the world with this accreditation.
- MCR Safety’s 360° Protection Program is designed to perform assessments and review workplace hazards. This service provides emphasis on cost savings, enhanced productivity and risk reduction. Results are achieved by the execution of our five-step process that evaluates, measures, analyzes, executes and enhances worker protection.
- We have dedicated safety professionals committed to engaging at industrial workplaces to demonstrate our products, provide training, and extend our 360° protection program. They operate from service vans equipped with our gloves, glasses and garments. These safety professionals are able to educate consumers on how they can enhance productivity while reducing and possibly eliminating hand injuries. We engage with our consumers to enhance worker safety, improve productivity, and generate business for our distributors.
- Another tool that is popular with our customers is our Buy & Try sampling program. In an effort to supplement our attendance at industries expos, we also engage in leisure activities such as motorcycle events, air shows, sporting, and cultural events. We present and demonstrate our gloves to thousands of people to generate new distributor business. We believe that hand safety is important on- and off-the-job.
- Our most popular web-based resources include our cross reference guide, online product training and permeation guide. Additionally, our Press Room is a popular source to keep everyone aware of our industry trade show and end user events.
Even how we go to market is uniquely different. We promote our brand identity with MCR Safety and Max, our mascot. Max is an ever-vigilant protector with 360° of vision and always on guard for your safety. Our consumers recognize Max as an endorsement of hard working gear. Max represents the toughest, most reliable safety gear.
Workers who wear our gloves refuse to be out-performed and so do we. People who work hard know that MCR Safety gear delivers.
We are MCR Safety! We Protect People!