Leading a team of employees can take a considerable amount of planning and investment.
It also requires an understanding of what leadership style works best for a team of employees or even the organization as a whole. This infographic, published by Top Management Degrees, discusses how employees perceive management and the different management styles. Styles of management include:
- Autocratic – Leaders make decisions with little input from others.
- Laissez-faire – Leaders offer little supervision or input.
- Participative – Leaders run a semi-democracy, where input is taken into consideration.
- Transactional – Leaders and employees set goals and leaders provide rewards or punishments based on the goals.
- Transformational – Leaders and teams focus one goal, the “big picture.”